Dealing with a toothache can be a painful and stressful experience, especially when you’re faced with the prospect of needing a root canal procedure. When it comes to getting the best possible care for your teeth, you want a local provider you can trust, and Care Dental Implant & Invisalign Center is just that.
Our team is highly skilled and maintains up-to-date knowledge of the latest advancements in dental technology and techniques. This ensures that you receive the most effective treatment and the best possible results for your dental health.
What is a Root Canal, and Why Would You Need One?
First things first, let’s break down what a root canal actually is. A root canal is a dental procedure that aims to save a tooth that’s severely damaged or infected. When the pulp (the soft tissue inside your tooth that contains nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue) becomes inflamed or infected, it can cause excruciating pain and even lead to an abscess.
Some common reasons why you might need a root canal include:
- Deep tooth decay that reaches the pulp
- A cracked or broken tooth
- An injury to the tooth that affects the pulp, even if there’s no visible damage
- Repeated dental procedures on the same tooth
How Does Root Canal Therapy Work?
Now that we’ve covered what a root canal is and why you might need one, let’s talk about how the procedure works. Root canal therapy involves several steps:
- Our dentist will numb the area around the tooth to ensure you’re comfortable during the procedure.
- A small opening is made in the tooth to access the pulp chamber.
- The infected or inflamed pulp is removed, and the inside of the tooth is carefully cleaned and disinfected.
- The tooth is filled with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha and sealed with a temporary filling.
- At a later appointment, our dentist will place a permanent filling or crown to protect and restore the tooth.
Boost Your Oral Health with Us
If you’re in need of a root canal procedure, trust the experts at Care Dental Implant & Invisalign Center to provide the best possible care and get you back to enjoying a pain-free, healthy smile. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and experience the difference of our personalized, compassionate approach to dental care.